If you're reading this, you must REALLY love our family because, honestly, nobody freakin' reads anymore! In any case, we appreciate you taking the the time to come here and check out what's new and exciting in the Kanak family, so, without further adieu, here goes:
Mary - She's still the same smart, sassy, and quirky young lady she's always been...only taller! She's nearly caught up with Angie in height, and her size 9.5 shoe seems to indicate that she's only going to get taller. She's an 8th grader at Limestone Middle School, and she's made quite a name for herself there. Last season, she continued to be one of the best players on the varsity softball team, and she more than holds her own as a member of SEL Team, Math Team, Scholastic Bowl, band, and choir as well. Despite all of those engagements, she's still managed to maintain straight A's, often booking grades north of 95%. Outside of school, she still loves travel softball with River Valley Rage 14U, reading, and taking care of her ducks. She's also quite the artist. Basically, the girl is pretty much amazing at everything she does, and the rest of us are getting kind of sick of it!
Geno - As as 10-year-old, our little performer is not nearly as little anymore. Still, he continues to light up local stages while performing in various productions for Paula Aubrey School of Dance, Kakakee Valley Theatre Association, and Bradley-Bourbonnais Theater Education Project. He even earned a dance scholarship this past summer while studying at a dance convention in Oak Brook. However, Geno's interests don't rest with the performing arts alone. He is now a member of the House of Sports 11U travel baseball team, and he's become a big fan of NBA basketball, NFL football, and Major League Baseball as well. Still, even as he grows and changes, he's still one of the kindest, sweetest, most-affectionate young boys you're ever going to meet, and we wouldn't change that about him for the world!
Angie - What isn't there to say about Angie? With each passing year, she takes on more projects and responsibilities, yet she handles all 50 of them with more grace, professionalism, and attention to detail than most people show when handling one or two tasks! Currently, she's in her second year as an English teacher at Bourbonnais Upper Grade Center. Per the usual, her students adore her and appreciate her for being the incredible teacher she's always been. When not at BUGC, she also spends a couple of nights each week teaching classes for the English Department at Kankakee Community College. As if that weren't enough though, she continues to work as a full-time photographer, where she has built Golden Fish Pics by Angie Kanak into a respected and sought after local choice for amazing event photography. Selfishly, the kids and I miss her when she's out and about on various photo assignments, yet we couldn't be prouder of how she's managed to transition her love of photography from a hobby to a thriving personal business! Honestly, I don't know where she gets the energy, but I've learned over the years that there is simply nothing that this woman can't do!
Gene - I'm currently in the midst of my tenth year as a high school teacher, my second as a member of the faculty at Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School. I'm also in my second year as one of two bowling coaches at BBCHS. This will, however, be my last year in both of those roles as I've accepted an offer to join the Technical team at Storm Bowling Products in Brigham City, Utah. While the thought of moving out of state again is bittersweet to say the least, I couldn't be more excited about this opportunity with Storm. The only job that would be better than this one would be if I were actually talented enough to earn a living competing as bowler, but, sadly, that isn't the case, so this will have to do! There are lots of logistical matters to take care of between now and when I move out to Utah late this summer, but I'm really excited about what is to come, and I can't thank Angie, Mary, and Geno enough for supporting me as I take on this exciting new adventure!
Well, if you're still reading, again, you must really care about us because, as all of you know, I'm certainly not short on words. Thank you so much for taking the time to see where things are going for our family; it means a lot to us! We wish each and every one of you a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season, and we hope that our paths will cross very soon!
With Love,
The Kanaks
No comments:
Post a Comment