




Hey Family and Friends,
June is here and our family is ready for our first Texas summer. The temperature has already reached 99 degrees, and I'm told it gets hotter on a daily basis. Luckily, our subdivision has a very nice pool that we've already been to several times. Mary is really starting to like the water, often venturing off on her own (in her favorite fishy floaty of course). Geno doesn't really like the water yet; he prefers to nap on the sidelines while mommy and daddy take turns playing with Mary in the water.
Gene is still loving his job and the people he works with, some of whom have become great friends. He's working out and practicing a new two-handed bowling technique which is "all the rage" in the bowling community.
I'm still hunting for the right teaching job. I was offered a 2nd grade position, but the commute was too far, and I was also offered an adjunct position at a near-by community college, but the part-time pay didn't justify the work. I'm getting nervous, but I've had some good interviews that I hope will pan out. I've joined a local mom's group, and they have been my saving grace. We get together a few times a week and chat. It's nice to know people again. Still, I'm looking forward to my visit home (June 30-July 21).
Mary has been very busy this month. She's a great big sister! Mary loves talking to Geno and helping him calm down. She likes to help mommy hold his bottle, and she loves to kiss him on the head. When strangers come up to us and ask about Geno, she proudly proclaims, "Geno came out of my Mommy's tummy!" The highlight of Mary's month has definitely been our trip to Florida, not only did she get to meet princesses, fairies, and Barney, but also she was able to play with her cousins. At one point she turned to Aunt Jenny and said, "All my friends are here." She very much misses Illinois and asks about it often, but she is meeting new friends here everyday, and I know she will come to love it here too.
Geno...oh...Geno. What can I say? He's up all night, sleeps during the day, and cries in between. He's worth the work, however. He has started smiling when we talk to him, and he especially enjoys conversations with Mary. Though I don't know his weight off-hand, he's getting quite large, much bigger than Mary was at this age. He loves his swing and staring at the ceiling fan.
I plan on having a birthday celebration for Mary back home in Illinois as well as in Texas. So please watch out for details.
Stay in Touch!
Love,
The Kanaks
No comments:
Post a Comment