Friday, April 3, 2009

April's Here Already!
















April is here already and we still have no baby!! I am scheduled to be induced on Sunday (4-5), so everybody cross their fingers for me:) My parents are flying in on Saturday (4-4) to help watch Mary for the big event.

Mary and I have been in Texas over a month, and it has gone very fast!!! We enjoy playing at the park and the backyard. On Thursdays we go to Toddler story time at the library. We were going to sign up for music class, but we went to a free session, and I didn't like the teacher. I drag Mary out almost everyday to tour preschools and day care centers. She loves the tours because she gets to play with everything. She throws tantrums when we leave. There are MANY nice facilities here, but they are all very expensive compared to what I was used to. Luckily, teachers' salaries are more in Texas too.

Mary's new favorite things are the following: riding her bike, jelly beans, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Green Eggs and Ham, trains, playing in her sandbox and with her basketball hoop (she's hangs on the rim), and throwing tantrums. We've had to start time-outs. At first we thought she was too young for them, but she understands them just fine. Gene and I did our research on how to perform a time-out correctly, and they are actually very effective for us. Also, she hasn't had a potty accident in weeks, so I think, dare I say, she's potty trained!

I am still keeping an eye out for high school teaching jobs in the area, and I have scheduled my first interview. I forgot how tedious job hunting was. I have been meeting more and more of my neighbors, and Mary has gone on two play dates with two different families. People here are VERY nice, open, and friendly. There is a definite difference between Midwestern and Southwestern hospitality.

Enjoy the pictures. There's one of our new double stroller. It's a mammoth, but it will make trips to the zoo and park much easier. We have tried it out with Mary's dolls, and it actually handles really well.
I especially like the picture of Mary's torn socks. She ran and played so much that day that the socks couldn't withstand the Kanak toe. When I asked her what happened to her socks, she said, "I ran too hard and too much for the Kanak toe." For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Kanaks all have this very large toe--Gene's is almost the size of a light bulb. He claims it would help him run fast and climb trees if he had to survive in the wild. Yes indeed, the Kanaks are evolutionary specimens. The video clip showcases her riding her bike in the house--not something I like to encourage, but it was too windy that day to play outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment